Friday, March 30, 2012

Ruemz Hotel (Taylor's Lakeside University, Subang Jaya)

Taylor's Lakeside Campus, Subang Jaya
When you think of where the latest hotels would be, chances would be very slim that you would think of it being within a university campus.  However, that's exactly where Ruemz Hotel is located.

Ruemz Hotel is part of Taylor's University at their Lakeside Campus in Subang Jaya. 

Their website says that 'Ruemz Hotel is the first research and development hotel, located at Taylor's University Lakeside Campus Subang Jaya. The hotel would be the showcase of new product and processes that is not tested in the Malaysian market. The hotel features 84 contemporary rooms, which are tastefully designed and equipped with the latest appliances from our partners.'

The last thing I would think of would be to check into such a hotel but checked into such a hotel I did about a month ago when my company did some consulting work for the university and it was extremely convenient to be right at the centre of where the action was taking place.

Modern and comfy


The room I stayed in is the Matrix Room.  It has a queen-size bed and comes with a 42" flatscreen LCD TV, iPod docking station, tea and coffee facilities and other standard aminities.  The room is rather small but I find it quite acceptable since I only got in late at night and was out early the next morning.


Why on earth did I take this photo?

My reservation comes with breakfast and while breakfast was pretty simple, the dinning room was rather refreshingly decorated with bright and cheerful colours.  The have the usual breakfast fare but like my colleague said 'There's no egg station' :(