Friday, November 6, 2009

PJ Hilton Petaling Jaya

Petaling Jaya Hilton or PJ Hilton as it's more commonly known is ‘the’ hotel to hang out during the early to mid 90s. From the coffee house to the pub, it’s the place to be. However, that’s the 90s and in this new Y2K generation, it might no longer be a ‘cool’ place to be at.

Anyway, PJ Hilton brings back some memories of yester-years. Although I have been there many times before, I have not stayed in this hotel previously so it’s quite exciting to be able to stay there this time round.

Cab from the airport cost about RM65 and it’s much convenient to take a cab directly from KLIA to the hotel rather than taking the train (ERL Express) and then catching a cab from KL Sentral. It will also cost more actually.

I book my room from a web portal at only RM175 net but standard rate is around RM250++ so ya, I got a good offer. If I’m not mistaken, this offer runs till March 2010. It comes with breakfast for 2 people. Let me tell you, the breakfast in PJ Hilton is legendary and deserves a post of its own but sorry I didn’t take any photos nor take any notes. I was too busy eating. Maybe if I get to stay there again, I will do up a post on the breakfast in Paya Serai. The hotel also housed a rather famous Japanese restaurant.

the room I was in

Anyway, the room I was allocated was at the old wing (maybe that explains why it’s at only MR175 net) which was served by 3 tiny lifts. I have not seen lifts so small before so it was rather cute. The room I stayed in is rather old - nothing to shout about. They don’t even have LCD TV in the room. The carpet looks warn and the furnishing looks a bit old but the room is clean and that is the most important.

view from the room

Like I said before, TV is rather important for me when I travel. Even I don’t watch it, I would just keep it on for some background noise. In PJ Hilton, the TV channels available are Vision 4 (4 channels to choose from), HBO and Star Movie, ESPN, Starsports for the sports fans, CNBC and a few others. For personal interest, it is hereby noted that there’s no Playhouse Disney or any channels for kids.


I do recommend this hotel for business travellers and even holiday makers too just for the fact that the promotional rate is very attractive and they are not very far from malls such as Mid Valley or even Sunway Pyramid Mall. This would be quite an ideal choice too for those are keen to go to Sunway Lagoon Resort but not willing to pay extra for hotels in Suway Resort.

Click on the title for the weblink.
Post a comment if you want to know more about the RM175 rate.