Monday, November 28, 2011

Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur

I will always equate Renaissance Hotel KL with the HINDRAF rally in Nov 2007). That's because I was staying here when our country created history on 24 November with the much talked about and much publised rally that perhaps was a contributing element in the changing of the political landscape of Malaysia.

I have been to Renaissance for dinners and meetings previously but it was my first visit as an in-house guest. I was a bit lost in trying to check in upon arrival as I didn’t know that there are 2 wings in this hotel, the East Wing and the West Wing and the hotel practised separate check-in for the different wings.

My room was booked in the East Wing. My cab dropped me at the West Wing I confidently tried to check in there. Upon referencing my room confirmation number, I was told that I have to check in at a different lobby. The front office staff was hospitable enough to usher this 'lost' guest to the East Wing. Great service in action!

My room is standard enough with its king size bed and elegant furnishing.

BathroomThe bathroom wasn’t very spacious. The shower and the bathtub’s together and again pretty standard looking but it’s very clean.

Snack Bar
The snack bar for that very important midnight craving. Hm……again, pretty standard although the brand of the items provided are pretty impressive.


Renaissance features an attractive looking swimming pool.
The hotel provides WIFI in their public area and meeting rooms but not for guest rooms. Broadband internet in guest rooms are chargable. Generally, I find that the room lacks character and doesn’t have any particular signature characteristics. I didn’t try the breakfast Renaissance as breakfast cost about RM45++ per pax and it should featured quite an impressive spread.

Address :
Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang
Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Malaysia
Phone: 60 3 2162 2233
Fax: 60 3 2163 1122
Sales: 60 3 2162 2233 ext. 3415
Sales fax: 60 3 2161 5555
Toll-free: 1800 38 7272



What’s available in the room :
Standard toiletteries
bedroom slipper
standard complimentary coffee and tea and 2 bottles of water
TV programmes – Vision 4, national TV, Astro Star movie


No comments: